- Xbox Gaming Tournament
- What to do when you’re ready to move
- Green Corner
- Refer a Friend
- Friendly Community Reminder
- St. Patrick’s Day Fun Facts
- Bite Into a Healthy Lifestyle
- Corvias Foundation spouse education grant
- Follow Us on Facebook
- Daylight Savings Time
- Want to know what is happening in your neighborhood?
Alright gamers, are you looking for a little friendly competition? Calling all gaming fanatics and hobbyists to join us on Saturday, March 14th from 10AM-4PM for Reece Crossings’ first XBox Challenge. Come enjoy playing or spectatingwhile Reece Crossings residents battle it out to be the Gaming Champion! Prizes and light refreshments will be provided.
Getting ready to PCS? Deploy? Retire? Make sure to stop by the Community Office to provide a 30-day notice, along with a copy of your orders.
Ensure you have a smooth transition by following these steps once you are ready to move:
- Complete a Notice to Vacate Form at least 30 days prior to move out and submit to the Community Office. Your pre-inspection and final inspection will be scheduled at this time.
- For your final move out inspection, all personal items should be removed from the home, and the home should be left surface clean. All keys are returned to the Corvias representative at the final move out inspection.
If you have any questions about the move-out process, please stop by or call the Community Office and we’ll walk you through it.
Make sure your thermostat fan is set to "auto" instead of "on." This will ensure your home heats or cools only when necessary.
If you refer someone who moves into Reece Crossings, $150 is yours! If you know someone who is looking to move into Reece Crossings, encourage them to apply now! The sooner the referral moves into the community, the sooner you will receive your reward.
Here is how it works:
- When you refer someone to Reece Crossings, give the Community Office a heads-up.
- When your referral calls in or visits Reece Crossings, be sure that they mention your name as their referral. Remember, they’ll have to do so on their very first visit!.
- Once your referral moves into Reece Crossings, a $150 check will be provided to you as a thank you! It’s that easy.
Reece Crossings is a smoke-free community. The smoking of tobacco products in enclosed buildings and facilities is prohibited. This includes all interior common areas, individual bedrooms and apartments, covered walkways, balconies, patios, and outdoor areas where smoke may drift into buildings.
Smoking is permitted in outdoor areas, but only in areas at least 15 feet away from doorways, open windows, covered walkways, and ventilation systems.
Please also remember to dispose of cigarette butts in the proper containers.
St. Patrick’s Day is often associated with wearing the color green, corned beef and cabbage, shamrocks, and rainbows leading to pots of gold. Here are a few interesting fun facts about this great holiday:
- St. Patrick wasn’t Irish. His parents were Roman citizens living in England.
- St. Patrick’s Day was once a dry holiday. Until 1970, St. Patrick’s Day was considered a strict religious holiday which meant pubs were closed.
- The odds of finding a four-leaf clover are about 1 in 10,000.
- People wear green on this day to avoid being pinched.
- The St. Patrick’s Day parade was invented in the United States. The biggest celebrations are in New York City and Boston.
March is National Nutrition Month. The focus of National Nutrition Month is to encourage healthy eating and physical activity habits. Here are a few yummy, healthy snacks to keep handy:
- Pair pre-washed and pre-cut vegetables with your favorite dip
- Try hummus with pepper slices, carrots, or other raw vegetables or add hummus to crackers
- Keep salsa on hand to enjoy with whole-grain tortilla chips, raw vegetables, or add to an omelet or quesadilla
- Stock up on water
- Low-fat cheese sticks can be used as a quick snack
Know a spouse an active-duty service member with plans to go to college? Please pass this information along! Go to corviasfoundation.org to learn more about $5,000 Educational Grants available from Corvias Foundation. Application deadline is May 7, 2015.
Stay up to date on all the events, activities and news by liking Reece Crossings on Facebook.
It’s time to Spring Forward! Daylight Savings Time begins on Sunday, March 10 at 2 a.m. Don’t forget to set clocks forward one hour. As you reset your clocks, it is a good time to test smoke detectors. If the alarm does not sound, contact your Community Office.
Your community calendar can help you stay up-to-date on trash, recycling, lawn care, resident events and community activities.
You can even sync your community calendar with a personal Google calendar by clicking on the +Google button on the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar.