- National Night Out 2015
- Notifications on Facebook
- Community reminders
- Green Corner
- Last minute staycation
- Military OneSource
- Want to know what is happening in your community?
National Night Out, a community police and safety event, will be on August 4th from 6 to 9 p.m. at McGlachlin Parade Field. Corvias Military Living is partnering with the Directorate of Emergency Services to provide residents with demonstrations and activities. This free event features safety demonstrations and displays from local and state law enforcement offices. Don’t miss the K-9 and Force Protection demonstrations.
National Night Out offers games and activities for children. Be sure to check out the zip-line, face painting, inflatables, laser tag, rock wall and much more. Residents can also cool off with light refreshments and cold drinks and treats. This event is free of charge.
We are on Facebook. If you would like to receive information about your community, view housing tips and so much more, be sure to turn on your notifications. It’s simple. Follow these 3 quick steps:
- Like us on Facebook
- Hover your mouse over the liked button located on the cover photo
- Check get notifications
Supercharge your social experience with us and like the Corvias Military Living Facebook page. We will see you there!
Just a reminder, Alcohol is prohibited at all Reece Crossings amenity areas to include the pool, locker rooms fitness centers and fire pit areas. Please reference your Resident Responsibility Guide at http://corviasmilitaryliving.com/global_content/resident_responsibilities/Reece_Crossings_RRG.pdf for the overall Amenity Area rules.
Quiet hours for Reece Crossings are between 10pm-8am daily. Residents, visitors and guest should not disturb the peaceful enjoyment of Reece Crossings. Please be mindful of noise level to include the volume of radio, TV or other electronic devices.
Thank you for your help in making Reece Crossings a wonderful place to reside!
A typical family consumes 182 gallons of soda, 29 gallons of juice, 104 gallons of milk and 26 gallons of bottled water a year. That's a lot of containers - make sure they're recycled!
You don’t need a lot of money or time to plan a last minute summer staycation. Here are some tips to help explore the local area:
- Visit a local museum – art, Natural or American history are just a few of the museums DC has to offer. The best part, most of them are free! The aquarium and zoo are a lot of fun.
- Take a history lesson – enjoy the rich history of DC by visiting the national monuments and catching a glimpse of the White House.
- Relax at Quiet Waters park. You can easily spend the entire day at this park enjoying the art galleries, playgrounds, paddle boats and so much more.
- Tour the beautiful U.S. Naval Academy campus, admission to the museum is free.
- See a ballgame – check out the Orioles, Nationals or the minor league team the Bowie Baysox play a baseball game. Soak up some sun, eat a hotdog, and enjoy a favorite pastime.
For more fun ideas check out:
Get a confidential peer-to-peer specialty consultation through Military OneSource from veterans and military spouses who truly hear and understand your unique challenges. Call 800-342-9647 today to speak with a peer consultant. Military OneSource offers a variety of confidential and FREE services to service members and their families address every phase of military life. Information includes, but is not limited to, deployment, reunion, relationships, grief, spouse employment and education, parenting and childhood services. It is a virtual extension to installation services.
Your community calendar can help you stay up-to-date on trash, recycling, lawn care, resident events and community activities.
You can even sync your community calendar with a personal Google calendar by clicking on the +Google button on the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar.
Upcoming events and important dates
- August 1, 8, 15, 22 : Enjoy free live music from the United States Army at Constitution Park every Saturday in August starting at 7:00 p.m. http://www.armyfieldband.com/
- August 4: National Night Out; Parade Field 6-9pm.
- August 5, 12, 19, 26: Fort Meade Farmers Market- Shop at Fort Meade's very own farmers market every Wednesday from 10:00 am-2:00 p.m. at the Meade Pavilion
- August 22: LTS New York City Trip