- Last days of the 2015 pool season
- Fire pit now open
- Are you prepared?
- Suicide awareness: Recognize the signs and know the resources
- Aerobics classes
- Friendly reminders
- Green Corner
- Want to know what is happening in your community?
- Fort Meade Farmers Market
- Texas Hold ‘em tournaments
As a reminder, Labor Day is the last day of the pool season. The pool will be open on Labor Day from 11am-8pm. We hope you had a chance to enjoy the pool this summer. See you next year!
We are excited to announce the fire pit is in business! Come on out and enjoy an evening by the fire. If you need help learning how to ignite the fire, please see a Corvias team member.
If a catastrophic disaster were to occur today, would you be prepared? Would you have an emergency kit ready for use? If you and your family were separated, would you know what to do? September is National Preparedness Month and it is the perfect time to evaluate if you and your family are prepared for an emergency or disaster.
- Be informed. When relocating find out what disasters are most likely to happen in your area.
- Make a communication plan. Discuss how you will communicate with each other if you are separated and designate one or two out-of-state contacts who you can call to “check in”.
- Build an emergency supply kit. The kit should include basic items your household would need in the event of an emergency.
To learn more about preparing for emergencies: http://www.ready.gov/
Service Members and their families are strong and face many adventures throughout their military career. Military life can also be stressful at times and some may start to feel isolated, overwhelmed, or angry when dealing with challenging situations. These reactions can be common responses to life events. However, these feelings may be signs of more serious conditions. People coping with challenges may feel like there is no escape from their symptoms, leading them to have thoughts of suicide. If you or someone you know is experiencing a crisis call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) – press ‘1’ for the Military Crisis Line or send a text to 838255. You can also visit www.militarycrisisline.net.
If you or someone you know is talking about suicide get them assistance immediately with these three steps – Ask, Care, Escort. Ask your loved one if they are thinking of killing themselves. Care for your loved one – actively listen to show understanding, remove any means that could be used for self-injury. Escort your loved one – never leave them alone! Escort them to their chain of command, a chaplain, a behavioral health professional, or primary care provider.
Get your heart rate up and enjoy an intense workout at Gaffney Fitness Center! A variety of classes at varying times are offered. Patrons can purchase a punch card or just drop-in and pay as you go. Check out www.ftmeademwr.com to view a full schedule of classes available. Classes are open to all authorized users ages 18 & older. For more information please call the fitness coordinator at 301-677-2349
Did you know the Resident Responsibility Guide is online? The rules and guidelines in the guide help ensure a safe and peaceful community for all residents. Find information and answers to questions you may have about housing policies, procedures and services.
Residents should be mindful of their noise levels at ALL times to not disturb neighbors as many of our residents are on shift work schedules. This includes noise inside apartments as well as the breezeways.
We love our Reece Crossings' furry friends! Please be mindful of your neighbors and dispose of your pets waste.
Just a reminder, smoking is not permitted in any breezeway or common area. Smoking must occur 15 ft. away from the building.
Keep your refrigerator and freezer at the right temperature. The refrigerator should be between 38° F and 42° F and the freezer between 0° F and 5° F.
Your community calendar can help you stay up-to-date on trash, recycling, lawn care, resident events and community activities.
You can even sync your community calendar with a personal Google calendar by clicking on the +Google button on the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar.
Follow us on Facebook!
Upcoming events and important dates
- September 7: Happy Labor Day; Community Office hours 9-1pm. Pool hours 11am-8pm.
- September 11: We Remember
- September 13: Grandparents Day
- September 16: Community Job Fair. Looking for employment? Visit the Job Fair on September 16 from 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at Club Meade to meet eager employers. Event is open to the public. For a list of all attending employers please visit our website at www.ftmeademwr.com.
- September 18: Happy Birthday to the Air Force
- September 19: Football Fan Fare 5K Ru at 8am. Visit www.ftmeademwr.com for more information or to pre-register.
- September 19: New York City Trip. Call 301-677-7354 for more information.
- September 23: First Day of Autumn
Come shop at Fort Meade's very own farmers market every Wednesday from 10:00 am-2:00 p.m. at the Meade Pavilion. There will be a variety of fresh fruit, vegetables, flowers, breads and much more! The market is open to the public and will take place every Wednesday through September. Visit www.ftmeademwr.com for more information.
All ranks, services, military, or civilian are invited to play every Monday and every Wednesday at 7 p.m. at the Lounge of the Lanes. Tournament is free to enter. Prizes awarded for the top winners. Food and beverages are available for purchase. Call 301-677-5541 for more information.