- Stop In For A Pick Me Up
- We Need Your help
- $5,000 Educational Grant
- Daylight Savings Time
- Green corner
- Want to know what is happening in your community
Do you ever need a little energy to make it through the rest of the day or to complete a great workout? We invite our residents to stop in the Community Office on Wednesday, March 30th for a “pick me up.” Come in during business hours and grab an energy drink or protein bar.
Although Reece Crossings is still under construction, we take pride in the community and continue to take steps to increase our curb appeal. We need your help to support with our efforts. Here’s how you can help:
Trash and Recycling:
- Properly dispose of trash and recycling items in the appropriate containers throughout the community. This will help reduce the amount of litter in the parking lots, breezeways and around the buildings. Trash bags and/or personal items left in breezeways are also safety hazards and should be disposed of properly.
- Do not park on grass areas. Please use authorized parking spaces. Owner(s) of any vehicle(s) parked in the grass areas may be incur charges for damage to sod. Vehicles parked in unauthorized areas are subject to a lease violation and possible termination of lease.
- We continue to observe an increased amount of feces throughout the community. Due to this, we will no longer be able to accommodate pets at Reece Crossings Apartments. Effective March 1, 2016, no new or incoming pets will be permitted. Authorized pets will be grandfathered into the community and will be permitted to stay at Reece Crossings.
We appreciate your understanding while we work to make Reece Crossings a better place to live.
Are you a military spouse with dreams of completing your college degree? Visit corviasfoundation.org for more information and to apply for a $5,000 Educational Grant.
Daylight Savings Time begins Sunday, March 13th. Don’t forget to “spring” forward! Here are some survival tips to help adjust to the change:
- Prepare yourself! Make the time change incrementally beforehand by setting your alarm clock 15 minutes earlier and earlier for five days prior to daylight savings.
- On Saturday – get some vigorous exercise midday as exercise helps advance the body clock
- On Sunday Morning – get up at your regular time. Also, spend an hour or more outside in the sunshine as sunlight, just as exercise, is helpful in advancing our body clock. Experts recommend getting some moderate exercise midday.
This is a great time to check your smoke detectors. Have you heard a faint beeping noise in your home? It may be time to change the smoke detector batteries. If you ever hear this noise, please contact the Reece Crossings Office. We’ll be happy to come and change the batteries for you. Please do not touch the Carbon Monoxide Detectors as they are hard-wired to the building and may set the alarm off.
How can you clean vegetables and save water? It’s easy! Instead of letting the faucet run while you clean your vegetables, just rinse them in a plugged sink or in a pan of clean water.
Your community calendar can help you stay up-to-date on trash, recycling, lawn care, resident events and community activities.
You can even sync your community calendar with a personal Google calendar by clicking on the +Google button on the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar.
Follow us on Facebook!
Upcoming events and important dates: