- We Need Your Help
- Pool Season Ending
- Suicide awareness: Recognize the signs and know the resources
- Back to School Safety Reminders
- Green corner
- Want to know what is happening in your community?
- Upcoming Events
We need your help to keep Reece Crossings a wonderful place to live. Please carefully read these reminders for how you can do your part.
- Package Pickup - USPS packages are being delivered first to the parcel boxes. A key will be placed in your mailbox. Please track your package to ensure that your package is picked up timely. The office space is limited for oversized packages and will be sent back if not picked up from the office after 10 days. Please notify the office in advance if you need us to hold the packages for you. We are no longer sending out notifications for packages received to the office.
- Breezeways – Keep the breezeways clean and free of clutter. Anything found left in the breezeways will be thrown away without notice.
- Smoking - No smoking allowed within the buildings or apartments. Smoking is permitted at least 15ft away from the building. Please use designated smokers post around the buildings.
- Parking - No parking near the dumpsters. This interrupts the trash pickup service and can be towed without notice.
- Vacating-If you are planning on vacating you must give a 60 day notice if you are a civilian and 30 day notice if you are a service member. Unless orders state otherwise.
If you have not yet enjoyed the swimming pool this summer, be sure to visit! The last day the swimming pool will be open is Labor Day, Monday, September 5th!
Service Members and their families are strong and face many adventures throughout their military career. Military life can also be stressful at times and some may start to feel isolated, overwhelmed, or angry when dealing with challenging situations. These reactions can be common responses to life events. However, these feelings may be signs of more serious conditions. People coping with challenges may feel like there is no escape from their symptoms, leading them to have thoughts of suicide. If you or someone you know is experiencing a crisis call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) – press ‘1’ for the Military Crisis Line or send a text to 838255. You can also visit http://www.militarycrisisline.net.
If you or someone you know is talking about suicide get them assistance immediately with these three steps – Ask, Care, Escort. Ask your loved one if they are thinking of killing themselves. Care for your loved one – actively listen to show understanding, remove any means that could be used for self-injury. Escort your loved one – never leave them alone! Escort them to their chain of command, a chaplain, a behavioral health professional, or primary care provider.
School is back in session, so there will be increased traffic to include school buses and children walking or riding their bicycles to school.
With that in mind, here are some rules for drivers to remember when school is in session:
- Be aware of school zone signals and always obey the posted speed limits.
- Eliminate all distractions when driving through a school zone. Children often cross the road unexpectedly, or may emerge suddenly between two parked cars, for example.
- In a school zone drivers must stop for children and crossing guards at school crossings and yield the right-of-way to a pedestrian crossing the roadway within a marked crosswalk or at an intersection with no marked crosswalk. Drivers in both directions must stop once a child or guard steps off the curb.
- Never pass a school bus on the right. It is illegal and extremely dangerous.
- When a school bus is trying to merge back into traffic, you must give the bus the right of way.
Do you know how much water a 4-minute shower uses? 20-40 gallons! Conserve water and take shorter showers or turn the faucet off between soaping and rinsing.
Your community calendar can help you stay up-to-date on trash, recycling, lawn care, resident events and community activities.
You can even sync your community calendar with a personal Google calendar by clicking on the +Google button on the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar.
Follow us on Facebook!
Sept 5th: Labor Day – Community Offices open 9am-1pm
September 14th: Community Job Fair; 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Event is open to the public. For a list of all attending employers please visit our website at www.meade.armymwr.com.
September 17th: Football Fan Fare 5K Run -Support your favorite NFL team at the 2016 Fort Meade Run Series, Football Fan Fare run at 8:00 a.m. starting at the Fort Meade Constitution Park. Log onto www.meade.armymwr.com to register.
September 17th: LTS's New York City Trip -Shop till you drop, see a show, wine and dine, or explore all the wonderful attractions in NYC. Call 301-677-7354.