- Save the Date – Holiday Dinner
- We Want to Hear from You
- Holiday Finances
- Community Reminders
- Need money for college?
- Green corner
- Want to know what is happening in your community
- Upcoming Events
Join the Reece Crossings team for an early Thanksgiving meal on Thursday, November 17th from 5pm-7pm. Come out and enjoy a FREE complete Thanksgiving meal with all the fixings. If you are in a hurry, we will even have carry out containers available. We look forward to seeing you there. Residents are asked to stop by the office to RSVP or call us at (410) 672-4076. Residents that RSVP by November 10th will be entered in a raffle for a $25 gift card.
The Reece Crossings team requests your help and ideas for resident events in 2017! Throughout the year we like to have fun by hosting events just for our residents. Please complete the Resident Event Survey on Survey Monkey based on what activities or events that interest you. Thank you for your time and effort! Click here to complete the survey, or you can scan the QR code from your smartphone below to go directly to the survey. All residents that complete the survey will have the chance to win a $25 gift card.
Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, is touted as the biggest shopping day of the year and the beginning of the holiday shopping season. This can also be a stressful time, as gift giving can quickly “gobble” up your hard-earned money. Don’t fret – we’ve got some quick and easy tips to ensure that your many purchases don’t burn a hole in your wallet.
Before you hit the stores, be aware of where your finances currently stand. Only purchase items that you are confident you can afford.
- Create a budget specifically for holiday shopping. Follow your budget as closely as possible, and track your spending. Need help? Contact the Financial Readiness Program at 301-677-5590.
- Ask for military discounts wherever you go. Even if stores do not advertise the discount, ask – you may be pleasantly surprised to hear the answer.
- Shop around. Look at the circulars for sales and discounts. Recognize a good price when you see one.
- Follow your gut instincts – if you think a potential gift is too much for you to spend, look for something else at a lower price.
- Cyber Monday, anyone? Check for last minute deals and steals online on Monday, November 28th.
- Some of the best gifts come from the heart and cost nothing at all. Be creative!
- Don’t forget to stop, relax, and enjoy the season with your family and friends. That’s really what it is all about.
Smoking - Reece Crossings is a smoke-free community. The smoking of tobacco products in enclosed buildings and facilities is prohibited. This includes all interior common areas, individual bedrooms and apartments, covered walkways, balconies, patios, and outdoor areas where smoke may drift into buildings.
Smoking is permitted in outdoor areas, but only in areas at least 15 feet away from doorways, open windows, covered walkways, and ventilation systems. Please dispose of cigarette butts in the proper receptacle. If you are found in violation of this policy, a letter of warning for the offense will be sent by the Community Manager or Owner to the Resident with a copy to the Command.
Housekeeping - If you live in a roommate arrangement, it is your responsibility to keep the common area clean and presentable at all times.
Littering - Help us keep the community clean. Dispose of trash in the proper receptacle.
Need money for college? Applications for the 2017 Corvias Foundation scholarships for children and spouses of active-duty service members are available after November 1 at corviasfoundation.org.
How can you save energy when cooking your Thanksgiving dinner? Don’t open the oven door while you’re cooking! Instead, turn on the oven light and check on your food through the oven window.
Your community calendar can help you stay up-to-date on trash, recycling, lawn care, resident events and community activities.
You can even sync your community calendar with a personal Google calendar by clicking on the +Google button on the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar.
Follow us on Facebook!
November 2nd – Veterans Job Fair
November 6th – Daylight Savings Time! Turn clocks back 1 hour!
November 11th – Veterans Day – All Corvias Offices Closed
November 19th – Turkey Trot 5K Run/1 Mile Walk
*Thanksgiving Break – The Reece Crossings offices will be closed starting Thursday, November 24th and will reopen Monday, November 28th.